Sunday, May 02, 2004

Bolshevik-Soviet Red Fish

Well today I had a very varied assortment of dishes for lunch...

Just one night after having discussed how the Bolshevik red fish of years back was now haute cuisine in the latest of fashions I came to experience it myself.

It wasn't only about the media ownership bill in Iceland.

This morning I decided to chat up some interestingly good looking guy whose name I don't remember. We talked for the first time not long ago and it was an apparently interesting and smart choice, maybe not for a lover but for some distraction well whatever it might be.... just nice in general and our last conversation ended with a warm "talk to you soon", and oh well worthwhile mentioning he was a bit stoned.

Today we came across each other and talked about the events of the weekend; as usual in my home-like life there wasn't anything to be thrilled about... just my usual books, online fora and sleeping in...

But he... the interestingly good looking guy.. he had a story to tell.. about the 1st of May! He told me about the Communist March of the 1st of May... and then I could only re call my experiences with the communist factions at the national university back in time in South America...

That was not really herring... just some cheap cod.. young boys imbuided by the books of Marx, Hegel and Schlegel allied in a boycott against the police where they fought for human civil rights in Nepal, Afghanistan and Peru. But wasn't their behaviour itself a threat against the human rights of non-communist students? of the policemen wifes and children or of the citizen whose businesses closed or whose houses are damaged or pepper gas spread over their corridors?

And if I'm going to fight for Algerian human rights I think it's easier to look at the Palestinians first, at least it is for me. I can't skip the white sauce when I eat the salmon, since it's served all together... and I shouldn't go around skipping courses either....

He told me about his comrades and I told him what I thought. I'm simply a normal person, educated in a calvinist society and whose main aim is progress and for whom communism doesn't represent a major challenge.

Right after this so-called friend just sent me to hell, because I'm not a communist sympathizer.

How many communist attacked the Jews and how many Jews were attacked because they believed them communists? LOL

As difficult to believe as it seems Israel's strong support is in the right wing conservative religious factions that support the chosen ones regardless of what they do.

The secular left not so,

But this is not my concern now

My concern is that, in my own country and with my people I can still taste that Bolshevik red fish, that was served on my table this morning as a speciality, as "haute cuisine".

I personally was used to the small shrimps in delicate and perfectly calculated segments of time and space... no rush... no violence... no pressure
Time for a ride?

But fish is a hot potato today

Not only in Iceland

But right here.... below my feet

Anyway...


Ari

No comments: