Thursday, May 20, 2010

Journal 20.05.10

I can´t stop thinking of Gísli, performing the role of Gregor Samsa and somehow I want to cry bitterly but I can´t. It´s not only the Kafkaesque melancholy but also the sorrow of the forfeited friendship… Now that I think about it, it is a good thing that I haven´t been to university yet, because then I would have suffered from the world so much more than I have until now. It is a curse… From now on I can´t divorce Kafka from Gísli and from Iceland… Yellow can´t be severed from blue and still it isn´t a shade of another color - chiaroscuro. The only Jewish value which is practically important in life is the one I can´t practice: sacrifice for your own. If anything, because I don´t have a family or a people. Gregor´s mother: Elva Ósk – How much did I love her? Perhaps more than all

No comments: